Friday, December 10, 2010

Make


December 6 – Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it?

----------------------

Last night I made a Thai-chicken pumpkin soup. It involved garlic, ginger, chicken, carrots, celery, rice vinegar, cilantro, onion, chicken broth, pumpkin, green onion, corn starch, whipping cream, peanuts, lime juice, and probably other ingredients. It was a slow-cooker combination.

I haven’t been making a whole lot lately. I made some sock puppets the other day for a little work video. It was surprising how much fun that was for a mere 45 minutes.

I’ve been kind of working on a website. But it just…doesn’t interest me at the moment.

I do want a project to work on, something build. Some kind of hobby that involves my talents outside of work (or the work I’m now doing). I’m thinking it may be centered on writing somehow; I just don’t know. I just don’t know what that something is. But I want to be creative.

My friend just put out an EP. You can buy it on iTunes. I’m freakin’ proud of the work and time he spent on it. It took a lot of those elements. I kind of want something like that. Something that says: “hey look what I’ve been working on for a while.”

But I just don’t know what that is. Thus, my eagerness to have something to show to people is ill-intentioned. This need/desire to have some product at the end discredits the journey and work it takes to get to that point. I value that journey.
 
I think whatever I end up “making” in the future may deal with writing. I have a feeling. I’m not going to hold myself to that writing (remember, I’m just “worrying” about completing Reverb 10 right now).

No comments: