Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Action

This entry (and all others with the "reverb10" tag) are part of a collective project called Reverb 10. Each day, a new prompt is provided by a different author. The prompts are all about reflecting on the year, feeling out any reverberations from that year, and seeing how they will manifest for 2011. I'm a bit behind, but I'm nearly caught up.


December 13 – Action When it comes to aspirations, it’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen. What’s your next step? (Author: Scott Belsky)

-------------------------------

The big step is to go to Chicago in February and audition like a madman for grad schools. The steps needed for that to happen are falling in line.
Immediate ones are:
  • Get some more headshots printed
  • Work on monologues (and find a couple more, perhaps)
  • Schedule some more private auditions
  • Finalize travel plans

These things are going to happen. 

Now, getting into grad school is a whole other ballgame. But I’ve done this audition process before, and I know I can do it again and even better this time around.
I’ve got contingency ideas hovering around in my head, but I’m not going to dwell on those right now. It’s a bit of a battle. It’s my hungry pragmatism (that I’m grateful for but could do away with every now and then).

No comments: