Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Ibsen Tour Day 8

Baxter/Brainerd

We did load-in at Central Lakes College. We've got this baby down to a system.

After that, many had laundry to do.

(This could quite possibly be the most boring post of all time).

Once that was done, we headed back to the hotel and I did a bunch of work for the theatre.

Then I received an email from the head of my grad school program. He sent us dates, a mondo monologue collection assignment, and the bios and names of my fellow classmates (Hi, if any of you have stumbled across the blog!). This email has hit me more than any other contact has. I guess it's solidified that I'm actually doing this.

From bios alone, we've got some dancers, opera singers, body builders, folks from all over the country and levels of training. They've got a variety of educational backgrounds too (not just theatre).

The Reads: Moon for the Misbegotten by Eugene O'Neill. This is a good one; I can just tell (not to mention, many consider it his best play).

JYO came back from Blue Lake, CA with his fiancee. He had one heckuva travel day: wake up at 4 a.m., drive to San Francisco, hop on a plane to Minneapolis, then drive to Baxter. He had an invitational callback with Dell a'rte International, hoping to get into the grad program. The poor guy is stuffed up and exhausted. But he seems pleased with the weekend.

We've got a show tomorrow night. I'm eager to dive into that again.

Our video guys made a "Day on Tour" video. I can't wait to share it. I hope to show everyone on Friday.
You can probably expect another episode of "On the Road with Jerome and Tim." Maybe we'll make one this afternoon.

No comments: