Saturday, March 19, 2011

34.
Much has happened in the past week since my last post.

35.
For one, I received an offer to attend grad school.

36.
I also accepted that offer.

37.
This means I’ll be moving to Houston in August (or the end of July). There are dozens, if not hundreds of little decisions and details to sort out.

38.
BUT I'M GOING TO GRAD SCHOOL, PEOPLE!

40.
We started the Ibsen tour on Thursday. It was a quick jaunt over to Luther College, but a nerve-wracking set of circumstances. The major was the space. We’ve been rehearsing in an intimate thrust stage (200-seat house). This, however, was a large collegiate hall, with around 1200 seats. We guess there were around 700 people in attendance. This was also our FIRST public performance of the show. Your voice echoes and bounces off the cement in strange ways.

41.
I am grateful for my uncanny extra-sensitivity to consonants and clarity. This is from choir in college, no doubt.

43.
My grad school reading list has nearly 70 titles, including classic acting texts, plays, and other theatre odds and ends. I’m proud to say I’ve heard of many of these writers and books. I haven’t read them (in fact, I haven’t read a lot of them).

44.
I’ve decided to start attacking the list right away. I’ve made a spreadsheet, organizing the lists by priority (according to the head of program), and creating columns of whether I’ve read the title, whether I can borrow it, or if I have to buy it.

47.
I was mildly entertained by The Adjustment Bureau. But the soundtrack was, perhaps, the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard (trite and cheesy). I am struck by how much of a deterrent that was in my enjoyment. I laughed quite a bit (mocking laugh). And when you've got other movies like The Matrix and Inception to compete with, The Adjustment Bureau pales in comparison.

49.
If you want to talk quality sci-fi, then we can talk Battlestar Galactica. I've been steadily watching episodes here and there. I love it. This is compelling television.

51.
I may be turning into a bit of a nerd. I mean, I know I am one when it comes to Star Wars and other things, but I'm realizing I'm more and more drawn to sci-fi in general. Hmm...I dunno what to think about this. Or if there's anything worth thinking about.



No comments: