Monday, January 13, 2014

ARS Days 10 - 13

I thought this was going to be a daily endeavor, but there's not too much to report (and there's no denying: I'm busy). We also had a full weekend of As You Like It performances. Here's a photo:

Sarah Fallon (Celia) and Tracie Thomason (Rosalind). Photo by Pat Jarrett.

You can see more production photos here.

--------------------------------------

Letsee...on Sunday night, we met for a couple hours to solidify more music for Servant. I'm jumping on accordion for a song--an instrument I've never played. But the licks I'm playing aren't too bad. I think I'll get the hang of it. The song I've been doing the trumpet transcription for is going over quite well. Many fellow troupe members have been complimentary for that. I've got some more notes to work out for a couple other songs, and I think the bulk of the work is done! We'll be in good shape to preview Servant on Thursday (if I have the schedule correct).

--------------------------------------

For the past couple years, I've been using Pinterest to collect images (and some videos) that have some kind of link to the shows I'm working on. Often, they are photos from other productions. But paintings from the era or ones that evoke the right tone appear too. There's also costumes and locations that offer pathways to more imagination. Here's my AYLI board (which includes a lot of pins from when I was playing Touchstone back in grad school).

--------------------------------------

Other than that, today I've been enjoying the day off, working on more lines and other odds n' ends.
We start back up tomorrow with a full day of Servant rehearsal, which reminds me, I need to work on the pre-show speech for that (more on that later).

No comments: