Friday, January 28, 2011

This post is kinda incoherent, but I want to post anyway.

I really should just go to bed. I'm beat. We've done 6 performances of The Odyssey this week. We have two left. We had two shows both today and yesterday. About 5 cast members have this same cold/throat thing. I can only imagine it's going to get worse and proliferate. I just had a cold at the beginning of the month. I was just feeling like I had gotten over that. And now it's something else.

Grrrrr.

I'm sleeping in tomorrow.

Then, I have some major, major work to do.

I also have some projects that have just been sitting on my back burner and they are never going to get done.
I have to make time for them. I have to squeeze in what I can when I have some given moments. I can't wait for an "extra" couple hours. I need to learn how to balance, coordinate, and integrate whenever I can.

For example, I want to write a blog post about this poetry press launch I went to on Tuesday. It was phenomenal, and I've been undergoing this new realization about my life as a writer. I've been wanting to write more and reflect more--have more of a conversation with what I'm taking in--whether it be an art opening, a poetry reading, a play, a book, etc. I also want to be more active with writing (of many natures) and with the various communities I'm involved in.

I may start doing that for a new website (I'm not creating it, mind you). I think I'm going to be joining a group of arts bloggers who will talk about the arts in the region and the projects they're working on. It's going to be a unique collective. I don't know many other details beyond that. I'm thinking some kind of reflection on something like this poetry reading at a rowdy Irish bar in St. Paul would be the perfect kind of experience to share via a blog post.

This kind of work (I'm not explaining this frustration as best as I want right now. Remember: I'm exhausted, but I want to get some words out there) is good for me. But it's also work. It's personal and I'm not getting paid, but it's still work. And I enjoy it.

No comments: