Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Weather Outside's Delightful

The pink eye is all gone. Well, I've got a couple days left of eye drops. Thank goodness it wasn't anything serious. I'll probably do one more show without contacts, but it's not something I'd like to do. We'll see how I feel on Monday.

For whatever reason, last night's (Friday) show was extra long. We added about 2 minutes, which is pretty significant. But then we got a nice pep talk from the stage manager and managed to have one of the fastest shows ever for Saturday afternoon's matinee (and the house was one of the lowest attended ever, so it's odd that we zipped through). That, my friends, is the malleability of theatre.

In other news, it's beautiful outside. I hope I can get on the bike and enjoy the weather. It feels like mid-September. I love the fall. It's my favorite season. But I wouldn't mind a nice humid heat wave before the leaves start changing colors. That may be wishful thinking. It's been an extremely mild summer.

I received a phone message from a friend that said next year's season posters/brochures from school are out. There's a claim that I'm pictured on it four times, which is ridiculous. I wasn't even in four shows last year. Typically, different shows from the previous season are displayed.

I'd write more, but I've got an early serving shift at a restaurant tomorrow. I've been working a lot of hours there, which means less time to finesse lines (for both a ten-minute play and an understudy role in "The Odd Couple"--which I'm going in on Saturday). So this week is going to be a bit stressful.

Have a good one.

No comments: