Friday, February 5, 2010

Debrief from Chicago

I'm back from Chicago.
I haven't unpacked yet.
I cannot wait to sleep in tomorrow.

This trip was exhausting. I seriously underestimated the mental and physical drain it took. Perhaps that's my own fault; it's hard to tell.

I'm certainly glad I attended the U/RTA auditions. I made it to the final round, had a few private interviews/auditions. The final round didn't go so hot. So that was frustrating (I don't think it was terrible, but I know I've done better--I did like four times the previous day).

The day before final rounds, however, was a success. I met with some schools and the sessions with directors were fascinating. It was fun to explore acting and such with complete strangers. That was awesome. I felt like I was making breakthroughs. I didn't have time to think or sift through information, which is funny since deliberation is a strength of mine (according to STRENGTHSFINDER 2.0--dunno if it's the most helpful acting strength to have, but I'm aware of it at least).

I'll do some follow up next week and wait. Honestly, I'm not expecting much, and that's fine. I've got more to learn. I think I'm a good actor and I've got enough to go off from this weekend to affirm that. If I go back to these auditions (which many people do), I know exactly what to expect.

There's more to ponder about the rounds, the schools, and my acting from this point on. It's kind of daunting and mostly exciting.

2 comments:

Adamflo84 said...

Wish I was paying more attention. I was in Chicago at U/rta's as well. It is touch to do your best there. The pressure is just so odd.
Best of luck.

Angela said...

Thinking good thoughts for you. :)