Monday, October 19, 2009

"You Look Foolish"

That's a line from The Rainmaker. Jimmy says it to his Pop. I absolutely LOVE saying it every performance, because it's hilarious and full of irony (Jimmy's wearing a huge bass drum while he asks his Pop to clean up the whitewash on his shirt).

ANYWAY....

Here's a bit of an interview with Sally Wingert, a delightful actress in the Twin Cities (italics are my emphasis).

AVC: What do you do as an artist to make the right conditions for art?

SW: I try to be really open, I try not to shut down things that are said. I try to listen more than I talk, which is a very hard thing for me. I try to put away my fear of being foolish and looking stupid because you almost invariably experience both on your way to art. And I try to get a good night's sleep.

You can read the whole interview here.

No comments: