Thursday, March 11, 2010

Content Exhaustion

I was completely and utterly exhausted after the run of the show tonight. It feels good (but also means I should be in bed; I had to watch Lost on Hulu though).

There's been a lot of work as we get ready for tech to begin. I've also quite a considerable load to do for the marketing department. All of it's important and for some reason, I've got a renewed pride and gratitude for the work and everyone else in the company. I'm not sure why it's appearing all of a sudden. I think it's the talk of the future. And we've got the next round of apprentices coming soon. Rehearsals start next week for the 2010 season (this apprentice show isn't officially a part of that).

Last week we let a group rent out our theatre for an Elvis Tribute Artist fundraiser. This kind of even is not my cup of tea, but it was for a good cause, and I helped out with the front of house duties. People started coming into the theatre and it completely reenergized me.

The winter has been pretty dreadful this year. The snow is finally starting to melt. It's been almost three months, ya know? But now, birds are chirping and this crowd starts flocking into the theatre. I couldn't be happier about that notion--this captive audience excited to take in the performance (albeit an Elvis Tribute Artist, but still).

It all made me realize I'm in the right place. And that's a great feeling.

1 comment:

S. said...

It's good to know that you are in the right place. Nothing better. Break a leg with your project :-)